Sunday, April 16, 2006

It's never ending Elektra around here!

I love this stuff, don't get me wrong, but it feels like I am spinning and spinning and spinning and the bag is never ending! I keep emptying the basket and then predrafting more . . . I have finally gotten two full 8 oz bobbins and I am working on plying to empty them out again. I want to start knitting with this, but I really feel like I need to know how much I really have in yardage before I begin. I plan on a vest with a celtic cable in the back as a main motif, and plain 2x4 ribbing every where else. . . we'll see if the yarn wants to be this! Here's my work in front of me at the moment:
The brown bobbins are the wool/mohair blend I have been spinning on the Joy, I obviously have ADD, can't stay with one type of wool at a time. Or project for that matter. . . I am, as always working on two projects at once . . . or is that three? Anyway, I'm working on Debbie Bliss's Lara, in Berocco's Ultra Alpaca in pale pink, and I'm working on Arches - a mutated version as I didn't like the Arches for myself. I didn't use the Alpaca Silk as I have heard that the yarn isn't all that great and pills as soon as you wear the sweater once!
This weekend the dogwood tree bloomed and it was really pretty:

I couldn't get really close as it was raining and I didn't feel like getting wet! We had a mild hail storm this afternoon, but we managed to get the whole 1,000 feet of invisible fencing in the yard, so the Bailey Blue will be safe in the yard by herself when she gets older.
Caryn had a district band concert and she looked lovely for that:

See that necklace?

Got that in Mexico from Sergio Bustamante. . . yes, I spent way, way, way too much.
Oh well, live and learn I guess. Got slightly robbed as the US price was presented as Peso's - oh crap, only found out when I got the credit card bill. But, the good news is, I'm still married! See you all next week -

No comments: