Sunday, November 27, 2005

Ta- Da! An almost finished object!


Well, I have been working on this cardigan until I am almost sick every time I look at it! Do any of you feel that way about your long projects? The ones that seem like they will never end!! I realize that I am working this on tremendously small needles (3.0 mm's) but this was ridiculous. So, ok, here is a picture of the Sunset Cardigan without blocking, and without all my ends neatly tucked away, and without the absolutely perfect buttons:
Ok, that's pretty good. It shows how much Christmas Spirit I have, and it's actually a really great shot of a picture of my darling childern, but do you think it could have been just a smidge closer? So you could see the painstaking care I took with the details of this cardigan. . . so here I try to show you that:

Well, it's not too bad I suppose. I really wouldn't have worn purple if I had thought about what I was doing today. . . but, my son had to be driven back to Lexington, to the UK Campus and I was rushing around trying to make sure I had given him all the "stuff" he needed to make it through the next few weeks away from home. But I digress . . . the fact that he is so totally not needing his family (he doesn't even bring laundry home with him) is another story. I should be very proud to say I am the mother of a college freshman who is doing very well, and has totally adjusted to college life! And actually I really am proud of him. . . so, let's move along here -

I am off to finish up the sewing in of the "ends" and then to block out the button bands. They actually came out pretty good, but I like everything to hang just so. . . and right now they have just the slightest curve in them. I really stink at button bands and everything that goes with them, I was thinking of getting a video on this by Leslye Solomon/Dorothy Ratigan, but I'm not sure how much that would really help. Has anyone else seen this video? (Buttonholes and Bands.)

I am not sure if I will be able to get the pictures of the completed Sunset avec perfect buttons next week or not, my camera is really not working properly and I am sending it back to the manufacturer tomorrow. Darn it! I really like my camera too, it's not zooming, and objects are not showing up on the view finder, and a whole host of problems. I guess I should be grateful that Chris got this shot at all!

4 comments:

melanie said...

Sunset is just perfection and the fit could not be better! What an accomplishment.

e's knitting and spinning blog said...

That is perfect! It looks so great on you!

CarolineF said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see the perfect buttons. It's a nice size, not all huge and floppy.

June said...

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!