Sunday, September 17, 2006

Tout Fini!

I did it, I did it! I finished up the Elektra this weekend!
I love the way this yarn has come out, however it is unbelievably hard to photograph! I ended up with approximately 1,000 yards, which is about what I was aiming for, I have a specific pattern in mind for a vest, and I wanted enough yarn to be able to swatch, swatch, swatch! So, now the basket is empty and I thought this was a cool picture:


I have been spinning for just about three years, and I am completely self taught, but I think this yarn came out really well. However, if you don't please don't burst my bubble! I hope the amount of photos in this post isn't too much, I just love my pictures though:
I have never two plied and got my bobbin so close before, this is another accomplishment on my part as I usually don't bother to andean ply up the end of the bobbin (ok, this is about the thousandth time I have written boobin instead of bobbin - what the heck?) I just normally pull it all off and into the waste basket it goes -

Caryn and I are going to see Tom Petty this coming weekend, he is playing at the HiFi Buys Amphitheater, in Atlanta, GA. I have been constantly hounded by Caryn to go see him in Atlanta, since we had to miss his performance in Nashville last year, due to a vacation in Maine at the same time. I finally gave in last week, therefore, our seats are on the lawn, (we may not be able to see the man without binoculars!) but I hope the music is still good! I just hope no druggie throws up on us or anything! It's a six hour drive, so I don't think there will be an update to the blog next week.

6 comments:

CarolineF said...

It looks lovely. And I totally agree about these wonderful colored yarns being hard to photograph.
I have some of that color waiting in stash to spin. I've fallen in love with navajo plying so I may try to spin it fine enough to get 3 ply DK weight.

Donna said...

The yarn is beautiful as always. But nevermind the yarn, you are cracking me up about the Tom Petty adventure. Get a good fold-up chair from REI or wherever and Good Luck!

Angela said...

Gorgeous June. I love the Elektra colourway.

vanessa said...

june it is simply lovely!

Vicki said...

Definitely think I'm going to need to get some Elektra W to go along with my jonquil. Your spinning looks lovely and what a great feeling it must have been to see the bottom of the basket.

Can't wait to see your vest all knitted up!

melanie said...

Oooh, Elektra is very pretty, and you did a wonderful job spinning it! I can't wait to see it knit up.