Sunday, March 18, 2007

What makes June a Dull Girl?

One financial month end, one yearly budget, and one monthly forecast, completed in 8 days equals one tired, worn out June!

So, needless to say, I have not gotten any further with Kai except to say that I have come up with a new motif for the one I really didn't like. Now, let's hope the yarn is the same, although I usually don't use all yardage given for a pattern, so I think I'm ok with this.

I did take Friday afternoon off from work, since I had to be there Wednesday from 8am to 9pm which included a 3.5 hour phone call to Japan and the whole conversation with the teleconference group was in Japanese. Ok, why did I have to be there??? I don't read or speak Japanese, although I am thinking it's high time I learn!

I did wash a fleece that Peggy and I split up on Tuesday night. This is a Romney - Corriedale cross, and it feels really nice! There appears to be a lot of discoloration to the tips from mud and dirt and dust, though, and I am a bit disappointed with that fact.




Is it possible to get this out? Here is some of it flicked out:



Peggy and I had split the fleece up into colors, and I thought I had taken the lightest color, after washing it appears I have three colors! So, this should be a lot of fun.



Another project on my wheel is some Romney that is spinning like a dream! I have completely filled my bobbins up and I have placed an order for the tensioned lazy kate that goes with my Jensen Tina II - have I told you guys how much I love, love, love this wheel??? This is the dark Romney I purchased from SkylineFarms, I also have a lighter color brown/black and white is coming. In my stash I have pinks to go with this, can anyone see where I'm going with this? Fairisle? Mill Pond by Schweitzer? I think so!!


5 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm glad you're loving your new wheel. The romney looks great and will look wonderful with the pink. What sheep breed is the fleece?

Jane said...

The romney looks great spun-up. Did you have a particular project in mind for it?

June said...

Thanks for posting, Jane! The Romney is slated for a Fair-isle called Mill Pond by Ron Schweitzer - hopefully that is!! :)

vanessa said...

you will LOVE the tensioned lazy kate :-)

Angela said...

Mill Pond is one of my favourite Schweitzer's. It will look great in grey and pink.